The pressure washer indeed cleans off every kind of dirt or stain on any surface. However, pressure washing sensitive areas like glass or wood (especially with cold pressure washers) without the aid of pressure washing accessories is impossible to carry out without damaging that surface. Pressure washing accessories not only help to make cleaning faster and more efficient, but also allows household owners to clean their homes more conveniently. With these accessories, users are sure they’re using the right equipment to clean their surfaces, and they don’t have to worry about the risk of getting injured while pressure washing.
There are many types of pressure washer accessories used for different purposes, and it’s essential to know these accessories and their uses. In this article, we’ll look at some of these articles and how they make cleaning easier and safe to carry out.
- Water Filters: A pressure washer draws water from its source at a very high speed, so there’s a high probability that the water is coming along with dirt. The water filter’s function is to restrict this dirt from coming out of the pump when spraying water from the pressure washer. This accessory ensures that you are spraying clean water without any abrasive substance that could damage surfaces.
- Nozzles: Nozzles are one of the most essential accessories because they determine the kind of spray pattern you’ll get from your pressure washer. There are different types of nozzles available, and each produces a different kind of spray. For instance, there are fan nozzles that produce a wide and gentle spray, while there are also pencil nozzles that produce a concentrated and powerful stream. Choosing the right nozzle is essential to getting the best results from your pressure washer.
- Pressure Regulator: This piece of equipment is handy for controlling the amount of pressure emitted with a simple hand twist. With the pressure regulator, you can be able to adjust your pressure washer’s pressure to a lower PSI rating for lightweight cleaning tasks and also increase it for tough cleaning jobs.
- Hose Reel: This is used to wrap your hose around when you’re using your washer or not. This equipment protects the road from damage and prevents tripping accidents as the hose doesn’t trail behind you.
- Extension Hose: This type of equipment is convenient when you intend to pressure-wash challenging places to reach. With the aid of extension hoses, you can easily clean off the top of your cars or the high sidings of a house. There are different sizes of hose extension, and the longer the hose, the greater the flexibility.
- Brushes: Brush attachments are perfect for cleaning dirt and stains without damaging the surface. With a brush attached to your pressure washer, you can efficiently clean delicate surfaces like painted vehicles, window panes, furniture, alloys, etc.
- Foam Cannon: These are bottles that are usually attached at the end of your spray gun to mix air with your soap to create a foamy detergent while cleaning, which makes pressure washing easier to carry out. The foam cannon also has an adjustable knob to help regulate the foam thickness.
Pressure washing is a fantastic form of cleaning, and as explained earlier, it can clean off any stain. However, to have an enjoyable cleaning experience while pressure washing, it is advisable to use the right accessories that protect your surface and make challenging cleaning tasks easier to carry out.