Last Updated January 2015
Acceptance of Our Terms
The Information We Collect
These are the types of information we will collect (and/or receive) during the entire operation time of the Websites and/or interacting with you:
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You may be required to provide us with your personal information, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number when you sign up to receive any of our newsletters, register for a course, sign up for individual or group coaching, respond to surveys, or buy any product or service.
We only collect personal information from Visitors when it is provided voluntarily, such as by signing up for our newsletter, registering on our Websites, and/or sending us an email to do so. Any and all information we collect and/or receive under these terms is collectively referred to as “Personal Information.”
2. ORDER INFORMATION.
When you place an Order, you must provide us with certain information about the products and services you are seeking to purchase. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.”
3. BILLING INFORMATION.
4. OTHER INFORMATION
In addition to the information mentioned above, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”), which may include:
a. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey), such as gender, household income range, job type, product and service preferences, as well as other information that does not personally identify you.
b. From Your Activity. We automatically collect information when you use the Websites, including and without limitation to the following:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a dynamic or static IP address. Both of these IP addresses will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser language and type; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; the amount of time spent on certain pages; which sections of the Websites you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device you use; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); country and carrier and location; processor and hardware information (e.g., chip speed, storage, NFC enabled, camera resolution); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
c. From Cookies We collect information using “cookie” technology, which are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive, which enables your computer(s) to “remember” information about your visit to the Websites. We may use both session cookies (which expire when you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which remain on your computer until you delete them) for the purpose of collecting Other Information and improving your user experience of the Websites. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, it may be possible for you to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. If you need help with doing so, please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for instructions on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, choosing not to accept cookies from us may cause compromised functioning, or disable functioning completely, of the Websites.
If you would like more information about Google Analytics or want to opt out from such data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Should you opt out of any service, full functionality of the Websites may be compromised to any extent, including completely.
e. From Other Sources. We also may collect or receive information from third party social media sites, such as, but not limited to, Facebook, WordPress, Leadpages, and Youtube.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
For the sake of creating optimal and relevant advertising on the Websites and elsewhere, we may share Other Information about your usage of the Websites with third parties in order to customize, analyze, manage, and report accordingly.
Accessing and Modifying Your Personal Information and/or Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Websites, you have the ability to access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information. Instructions for these processes may be found on the Websites. Additionally, you can end your receipt of any Orchid Tao, LLC marketing email by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom such emails. However, customers may not opt out of receiving important transactional emails that are relevant to their account or their Orders. While we will use commercially reasonable efforts to process your opt-out and information modification requests in a timely manner, please be aware that it may be impossible to do so in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Order Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to create and provide our services; to carry out our rewards and promotional programs; to process Orders; to solicit your feedback; to maintain and better our Websites and services to you; and to keep you updated about our services and products, as well as the services and products of our third party marketing partners.
We may also use and/or share Information in the following ways:
- In order to to process your Orders and provide service and support to you, Orchid Tao, LLC will access, use, and share the Information as required .
- In order to provide our services and implement our rewards and promotional programs, we may share the Information (excluding the Billing Information) with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, all businesses participating in any of our different programs.
- Third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information with your permission. Standard OAuth (open authorization) is used to enable you to give us permission to share your Personal Information with outside websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (e.g., when you consent to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). Without sharing your security credentials, we also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us.
- Other companies and individuals may be employed by us to perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to technical assistance, Order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will only have access to Information that is necessary to performing their functions and to the extent that is permitted by law.
- Aggregation of Order Information and Other Information may be analyzed for the purpose of continuing to better understand our Customers, Visitors, and product and services, and also enables us to manage, maintain, operate, and better the Websites and/or our products and services. Aggregate information does not include your personal identification information, and we may share aggregate information and data with our business partners, agents, and affiliates. We may lawfully disclose aggregate user data and statistics for the purpose of product and service description for other third parties and current and prospective business partners.
- Some or all of your information may be shared with any of our subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As our business develops and grows, we may buy or sell businesses or assets. Should there be a merger, reorganization, corporate sale, dissolution, sale of assets, or similar event, the Information may transfer as part of the assets.
- We may also lawfully disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Orchid Tao, LLC or the rights of others.
Information You Share
Please know that anytime you voluntarily make your Personal Information available to third parties, which include communications of weblogs and message boards; during webinars; through emails, classes, courses, online and offline workshops, coaching calls, telephone conferences; or in comment or chat areas – that information may be audibly or visually recorded, collected, sees, heard, copied, and/or used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for such events or for any unauthorized third party use of such information.
How We Protect the Information
Commercially reasonable steps are taken by us to protect Information from abuse, misuse, loss, disclosure, destruction, unauthorized access, and/or alteration. However, please know that there is no impenetrable security system that exists. Therefore, we are unable to guarantee the security of any of our systems, including, but no limited to, our databases. We are also unable to guarantee that the Information you voluntarily submit will not be intercepted during transmission to and from us over the internet. Specifically, any email transmission to or from the Websites many not be secure. Please give special and careful consideration in choosing what information you send us via email to protect yourself.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
Please know that Orchid Tao, LLC does not monitor, recognize, or honor any behavioral advertising opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals, and, therefore, cannot be held responsible for these.
How to Contact Us